Sunday, May 9, 2010

14

The Monday Blues!

  • Sunday, May 9, 2010
  • SavvY
  • Share
  • "I hate Mondays!" those are the three letter words that i'm pretty sure all of us has uttered atleast once in our life. Some of us get over this Monday hatred and some of us don't. As far as guys like me who are a firm believer of Garfield-ien Philosophy are concerned, we can't imagine loving any Monday. Not that i don't wish to have a good feeling everytime i wake up on monday morning and say "Thank God, its monday again, and i'm all set to get back to my work with a bang", but for me (a Beetle Bailey over impressed Garfieldien way of life) that's kinda too much to think 'bout. So in my efforts to procrastinate my duties and works that were REALLY NEEDED to be done, i tried to jot down the reasons why i simply hate Mondays. Check them below and see if you have something in common -
    1. Monday sneaks in after two blissful weekends even before I anticipate it,
    2. The weekend "Hangover" is at its peak on Monday,
    3. Traffic is really bad, long queues in banks, ATMs and Post Offices,
    4. This day i generally suffer from temporary memory loss in my workplace,
    5. The newspapers have nothing interesting to read like gossips, fashion and entertainment news on mondays,
    6. Mondays remind me of the next four days before i can enjoy another weekend,
    7. Every Monday the previous weeks' of procrastination catch up with me,
    8. Most of the political processions, strikes, gheraos, dharnas occur on these days. Looks like our politicians also hate Mondays,
    9. It is the longest day of the week,
    10. My 'guru' Garfield hates this day.
    Well this is the end of my list. Do you guys have some other reasons for hating mondays? Oh, come on, share with me!

    14 Responses to “The Monday Blues!”

    SavvY said...
    May 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM

    another of my old posts


    Swaram said...
    May 10, 2010 at 2:21 AM

    And I did nt even hv a blissful weekend .. ws working :( :(


    R. Ramesh said...
    May 11, 2010 at 6:57 AM

    oh u were after julia?? like me..
    hey..reg. the post..here in sharjah v have friday as weekend...so monday is just another working day lol..:) cheers buddy


    SavvY said...
    May 11, 2010 at 5:32 PM

    @swaram hm... working in the weekends hust double the impact of monday blues...

    @Ramesh That means u have fun when all of us work!!! I guess the monday blues doesn.t apply to u then.. lol


    Sagarika said...
    May 12, 2010 at 10:02 AM

    Mondays make me wake up tpo the reality that Boss is alive.... Fridays I kill boss mentally ;p! *sigh* ... Mondays the pubs are also closed and tuesdays the liquor shops... so Monday has nothing to look forward next day to *sigh*^infinity


    SavvY said...
    May 12, 2010 at 11:10 AM

    @sagarika Hm. . That means u need to get ur stock in the weekend lol. . . And tch tch . . For ur boss ;-)


    R. Ramesh said...
    May 12, 2010 at 11:11 AM

    hey thanks ya buddy


    Neha said...
    May 12, 2010 at 12:17 PM

    I love Mondays..I am a workaholic..I wait for Mondays badly..sometimes long weekends bore me..I know weird; but yeah that's how it is..maybe tat's because I have my own firm! but I love Mondays :)


    SavvY said...
    May 12, 2010 at 7:12 PM

    @Ramesh... yup Julia is gorgeous

    @Neha - hm looks like having your own firm is the reason! I think my boss too doesn'tsuffer Monday Blues.. But i'm sure if i own a firm someday, i'll still be suffering from it..


    R. Ramesh said...
    May 13, 2010 at 7:23 AM

    hey thanks ya


    Chatterbox said...
    May 14, 2010 at 12:41 AM

    Why do Mondays exist?
    To scare off our weekend laziness :(
    I guess no one likes Mondays not even the bosses :)


    Vinita Apte said...
    May 14, 2010 at 4:26 AM

    I think you have pretty much covered the list..
    I love Mondays only because so many people update their blogs and I get to read wonderful posts :)


    SavvY said...
    May 14, 2010 at 10:31 AM

    @Chatterbox most of the bosses don't but a few like Neha actually like mondays!
    @LP yup Getting to read so many gr8 posts is the best part of Blogging. .
    @Ramesh we all know y ur smiling. . Now we know that at Sharjah Monday Blues don't apply to you!


    Anonymous said...
    May 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM

    And I actually LIKE Mondays because I get the house all to myself ;-))))


    Total Pageviews

    Subscribe